Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Unfortunate Automobile Backing Incident

This transfer has been 9 weeks of firsts for Elder Davis and I. It was my first area. Elder Davis' first time training. First time being a senior companion for him actually. We got our first parking ticket in Norway. And the other night, we also had our first, what I like to call, "unfortunate backing incident."
 
Nothing major. It was kinda boring actually. Elder Davis was backing up, and I was behind the car directing him. Problem was, I wasn't paying too much attention, and neither was he. We were in a hurry. But we bumped into a car behind us. Little paint transfer, that's all.
 
But, we find the owner of the car and let him know. He's about 20. He is also in the middle of a party with his friends, so he's in a more....dizzy state then usual. Still seems pretty functional though. However, he was convinced that the repair would cost 10,000 kroner, which is about 1500 dollars. It was kind of a ridiculous claim. I could have taken a wet rag to it right then and there and fixed it in about 20 minutes. But, we kept our mouth shut. It took a while to exchange the information....he couldn't remember what his address was. We got it sorted, but unfortunately, it pretty much killed the rest of our night.
 
So that was kind of a fun thing haha. We also have a baptism this next Saturday with a girl named Loa. Her sister was baptized about 3 months ago, and she told us last month that she wanted to be baptized too. But then she left for Iceland for a month. So we've been teaching her over skype haha. She gets back today, so we have a week to give her a refresher course before her baptism.
 
It's also the last week of this transfer period. Which means come next Wednesday I could be moving! Or I could be staying in Tønsberg another 9 weeks. We don't really know. But either way, it will most likely be my last week with Elder Davis. But it's totally possible that we both could stay in Tønsberg. It's all up in the air at this point. We'll find out on Sunday for sure, so my next blog will have that info.
 
I've gotten a few questions about whether or not you can send me pictures. As Norwegians say, "Vær så god!" Basically means, go ahead! I love the pictures, keeps me connected in a way :)
 
Also, shout out to the Activity Day girls in the Gainsville Virginia ward. The package was great, and the stuff will be well-used. Another shout out to Corey and Selena who are gettin married this week!? Send pictures! haha.
 
Thanks to everyone for the emails and support. It really does help us out here.
 
Love,
Elder Sessions
 

No comments:

Post a Comment