Sunday, September 2, 2012

20 August

Kjære familie og venner

Well this week was a busy week. We had a dinner appointment with members pretty much every day, and we were able to get to know a pretty good number. So that was good. We also got lots of names of families and less actives to go and visit. We ate dinner with the bishop and his family yesterday, and that went extremely well. He gave us a list of about 10 names to visit. We're also going to help his 20 year old son move this week...his son has been less active for about 3 years, so that will be a good opportunity for us to get to know him. So from one busy week to the next we go, haha.

There was this way cool guy from Nicaragua who came to our language class this past week. We've been teaching a Norwegian class of about 30-40 people twice a week. It's been pretty successful in getting people to come out to our institute center in the city and it's pretty well known in the community. The employment agency for Norway, called NAV, has started to advertise our class to immigrants moving to Oslo. So yeah, it's pretty intense. But anyways, this Nicaraguan guy hears about the class and shows up on the day we had planned to show the Joseph Smith movie after class. I invited him to stay and he was like "Man, I'm christian, of course I'll stay!" Haha he's a way cool dude and we've started teaching him about the church. There's a slight language barrier, but there are plenty of Spanish members here in Oslo to help us out on teaches. I'm hoping we can commit him to a baptismal date sometime this week.

I went on visit to Fredrikstad this past week to do a couple of baptismal interviews there. After checking on familysearch.org, I found out that I have a lot of Norwegian ancestors from that area of Norway, so I convinced my temporary companion to drive through the village they lived in on our way back to Oslo. So that was pretty cool to see that, it was just a bunch of farmland and stuff. The village is called Onsøy, Østfold, Norway. I didn't have my camera, but if I get back there at some point, I'll have to snap some pictures.

I meant to say this last week, since it happened yesterday...but Happy Birthday to Mom! I won't say how old she is, but I just know it's twice as much as me! =) Crazy thought just hit me...if I was my mom 20 years ago, I'd be pregnant with ME right now. Nuts man....then my sister is turning 17 next Sunday. So that's cool. I'll probably freak in about 3 months when I hit 21, but I'm not gonna think about it too much right now.

So yeah. It's raining right now and we had planned on grilling some stuff in a park for P-day. So Mother Nature just rained all over that idea. Eh...we'll prolly do it anyways haha.



Have a good week!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment