Monday, October 1, 2012

1 October

Kjære familie og venner

We have 8 missionaries in Oslo right now. The city isn't divided up into areas for each of the companionships, so we're all responsible for everything within the ward boundaries. Which means, with Elder Lillywhite and I living in Sandvika with the Assistants, we actually live outside of our own area since that is a part of the Sandvika ward. So that's fun, I remember the first time we rode the subway out to the apartment and I saw the Oslo city limit signs I was like, uhh...do we need to call for permission for this? Cause normally we can't leave our area without permission. But hey, I do what I want right? =)

This weekend we set up a street stand in Oslo sentrum. Some may remember back when I was in Bergen we would take chalk and draw the Plan of Salvation out on the ground in the middle of the city. Well, we did it in Oslo. Among the 8 missionaries, we walked 40 people through the drawing in 3 hours. We handed out 30 copies of the Book of Mormon. Elder Lillywhite and I taught 9. So that was cool. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get any phone numbers although I did give a book to a Russian guy who said he would call us. So we'll see. I went on splits with the new Oslo Elders this week and Elder Anderson, the senior companion, and I did a bit of contacting on the street. We talked to a guy from Portugal who wants us to come visit him sometime this week. So that's good cause we really need some people to visit haha. Reynaldo hasn't answered his phone for about a week, so that was kinda sad. We dropped Devinder cause he just didn't seem to be all that interested. 

I had a big district last transfer. This transfer, it's even bigger. 18 missionaries in the district in a mission with 57 total. So I'm pretty busy with exchanges. In order to get on splits with everyone I'll have to go twice a week, at least. That's prolly not gonna happen, so I guess I'll have to skip over some missionaries. It's definitely the best way to do the district leader thing haha. 

Well, this week we're going to visit that Portuguese man and a less active man named Jonny who has asked us to teach him the missionary lessons. Then there's General Conference this weekend. So that's exciting. My last time watching in on the mission, so gotta hope it's a good one. The week after that is our zone conferences. The week after that is stake conference. The week after that, we are having a mission conference and President Teixeira, the Area President is coming. And then it's Halloween. So October is pretty much gone and then suddenly I have two weeks and the end of this transfer. 

Busy month. As usual, right? =)

Vi snakkes!
Eldste Sessions
PS. couple pictures. one of our dinner with a Chinese member here. Another is a companionship picture which is going to hang on the ward bulletin board so the members know who we are.



No comments:

Post a Comment