Sunday, February 3, 2013

End of the World and back again 2011

Oh man, I don't even remember what happened last week. This week was way more interesting anyways haha.

I did get a new companion. His name is Elder Stratford, he's a pretty cool kid. He's from Logan, Utah and we're getting along just splendidly. <-----word? I'm not sure.

We started off this week by going to Verdens Ende, which translates to The End of the World. It's basically a collection of cliffs right on the southern tip of Norway, and you can look out onto the Atlantic ocean. It was way cool and I got some good pictures, hopefully I can get those sent home soon.

Then we had a zone conference with a bunch of missionaries in Oslo. That was pretty cool, I got to see Elder Davis again and he sounds like he's having a ton of fun there in Oslo now.

This week was the annual Slottsfjellet Festival here in Tønsberg. People from all around Norway came for the festival, which meant there was a ton and a half people out on the streets all week. We found SO many people to teach it's crazy. I'm excited for this week, we're gonna be way busy.

We found one guy who's about our age. He was actually one of the main musicians in the festival this week. But Elder Davis and I had talked to him a few weeks ago and I gave him a card with mormon.org on it and told him to check out the website. He actually did, and said he was interested to learn more. Elder Stratford is a music guru and I'm pretty into music as well, so we're gonna meet with this guy later tonight and have a little jam session in the church. We'll teach a lesson of course too :)

That's just one of the many people we've found that we can talk to this week. Pretty much anything that could have gone right this week has gone right, so it's been pretty exciting.

By the way, we did get an email from church headquarters that says we need to be more careful about the information we share about the people we are teaching in our letters home, especially for missionaries like myself who have it posted online. So I won't be using real names of people on the blog anymore, but I can still share stories and things from the people here.

With that said, there is a man we have been teaching for a couple of months now who I have mentioned on the blog before. Despite that, we're gonna call him Timothy. Haha, this fake name thing could be quite fun.

Anyways, Timothy has come to church a few times now, and I think he's really enjoyed it. We certainly enjoy teaching him, our biggest problem is getting out of the house after a lesson just cause he's so darned fun to talk to. But he's a way nice guy, and he's really come a long way.

I managed to slice my finger this week. A friend of mine here apparently talked to my sister about it on Facebook (can't believe she's talking to my family!). In any case, reports of my "crying" over a little "paper cut" are grossly exaggerated on both counts. Slightly more then a paper cut, slightly less crying. haha. Basically, I was carrying a metal sink in someone's yard (haven't a clue why there was a sink in a yard, but that's not really the issue here) when we dropped it and it sliced my finger. Didn't feel too awesome. Certainly brought some excitement for a few minutes, but luckily Elder Stratford was there to assure me I'd have to lose something like 4 quarts of blood before I passed out. Thanks bud. He also offered to superglue the cut shut for me. I passed on that delightful opportunity.

That's pretty much been my week. We're extremely happy with all the people we found, and I'm exhausted. We had to work hard, but it definitely paid off. We've got some exciting times ahead.

Thanks for the drawings from the CTR 6? class in the Gainesville Ward! There must have been some sort of discussion involving platypuses (platypi?) in their class that day. In any case, I got plenty of wonderful, friendly looking platypuses to cheer me up. I really hope they were supposed to be platypuses. Could have been backwards beavers though.

Have a good week everyone!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment