Monday, April 23, 2012

Kjære familie og venner

It was definitely an historic weekend for Norway. Trondheim Branch has now been made a part of the Oslo Stake, and a second stake was organized in Drammen. Both of my previous areas are now a part of that new stake. We also had a mission conference on Friday and I attached a couple of pictures from that conference. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at breaking out my camera at the right times, so I don't have many pictures of members who I was reunited with from my previous areas. But the pictures I attached are of my trainer and greenie and me, as well as a few with my MTC group, Elder Bekker and Sister Fredrickson. Then a mission picture with Elder Teixeira from the Area Presidency.

I spent 3 whole days in Oslo this weekend, so when we arrived back home last night, it felt as though we had been gone forever. Elder Bekker went up to Alta on splits on Tuesday as well, so our week was extremely short. We did get to meet with Fernanda again though and she's doing pretty well. We took one of her new home teachers with us and helped him teach the home teaching message for this month. It's cool that the church is so occupied with taking care of its members with members visiting their fellow members once a month through the home teaching and visiting teaching programs. It'll be good for Fernanda to be taught by and to get to know other members of the church in that way.

That was about it as far as missionary work this week actually. After the mission conference on Friday, Elder Bekker and I stayed with the Assistants in their apartment, which meant we were working with them in their area on Saturday. We went to a baptism in their ward and talked to a lot of investigators there. Then we got out and did some contacting before we had to leave for the first session of the stake conference. I met a way cool guy, kinda wish he lived in Trondheim actually haha. But the Assistants will be meeting with him tomorrow.

At the stake conference was a majority of the members from all over Norway. So I saw a lot of old friends from Tønsberg and Bergen. It was cool being able to speak with the members from Tønsberg since I definitely was limited in my language ability when I served there. And then, of course, all of the YSA from Bergen were there as well as the family that I lived with. I realized just how many amazing Norwegians there are in this church when they were all stuffed into one room. It was cool to see the Norwegians so excited to get their second stake. It had been 35 years since the Oslo Stake was organized, so it was long overdue. Elder Bekker and I spoke with President Kopishke, the Area President, after the conference and told him we'd call him in about a year to come organize a third haha. Maybe not, but I think the members here are determined to not allow it to take another 35 years.

Now that we are on the other side of that conference, the transfer seems very short. We only have about 3 weeks left, and we're pretty determined to make the best of it. We still have a few people who we need to be able to meet with and commit to working towards baptism, ie Inara, Fernanda's friend, etc, but they all have their specific challenges which are making it difficult. On top of that, we'll be out on the streets this week to keep filling our funnels up with people to teach. It'll be pretty sad to see either Elder Bekker or I leave, but we've now spent 1/4 of our missions in the same district as each other, so I guess that's ok.

It's starting to be spring again. Still waiting for the green to appear, but at least it's been a couple of days since it was below freezing. We get amazing views of the sunsets from our rooftop over the fjord, so I'll send a picture of one of those home. It's a nice change from the weeks without seeing the sun at all!

Hope Spring is warmer over there! =)
Elder Sessions





No comments:

Post a Comment