Monday, April 30, 2012

Kjære familie og venner

I went even farther north this week! I went on splits to Bodø to do a baptismal interview, so now Bodø is my northernmost travel spot. Only 3 missionary areas are more north than that in Norway, including Alta, which is the northernmost missionary area in the world. Maybe I'll make it up there next transfer...=)

So that was pretty fun. The mountains up there were fantastic, but I had a dumb moment and forgot my camera. Just know I could have gotten some fantastic pictures on the flight in and out.

By the way, that was the 23rd flight I have taken on my mission. Kinda glad I don't have to pay for that portion of my mission.

In other news, Inara has a new baptismal date for the 19th of May! Her life has really taken a 180 recently. She is definitely much happier than she was when I first met her. She's come to some sort of agreement with her father, and she'll be meeting with us in the church for the first time this week. So we're pretty excited for that. After 4 months of working with her in Trondheim, Inara has become another one of those baptisms that I am totally stoked for. I'm excited for everyone who gets baptized, but it's a little more special when you work for a long time with them. I realized just the other day that this transfer ends the 16th of May, and there is a chance I could be transferred before she is baptized. Go figure. But I've been there before with Ane Rebekka, so that would be perfectly alright with me...almost =)

By the way, I saw Ane Rebekka last week at the conference. I'm sure I mentioned this last week, but I'll mention it again. She seems to be doing great, and her countenance is completely changed from before her baptism. It's like she's a new person, no joke. Well, still the same old Ane Rebekka...chewed me out for forgetting to answer one of her texts, but she seems more....full, if that makes sense? Alright, I'll stop trying to explain the abstract ideas shooting around my head.

I wish I had time to write a little bit more. I feel like it's been a while since I did anything more than give an area report and a travel update. At least I didn't make a weather report this time. Count your blessings, right?

vi snakkes neste uka =)
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment