Monday, May 7, 2012

Kjære familie og venner.

I had really hoped that I would have time to actually write something cool this week. In fact, I planned to. But, we ended up with a dinner appointment today so I won't have as much time as I thought. But that's ok. I'll do my best anyways haha.

Well, Inara won't be baptized like we thought. It's been a crazy roller coaster ride with her. It just isn't possible for her to come to church at this point with her family being opposed to the church. We had hoped that she could make her own decision about it since she is a fully-grown adult, but her family just comes from another culture. She was contacted by the missionaries over a year ago so she's been around for quite a while now, and hasn't been able to be baptized yet. She does want it though.

We did get a baptismal date with a guy named Trygve though, for the 26th of May. He was previously taught by the sister missionaries here in Trondheim and he actually came to the church yesterday while Elder Bekker and I were eating dinner. The sisters weren't available to teach him so we ended up teaching him and we set a baptismal date with him. The sisters had taught him for several months before they stopped teaching him because he had trouble committing so it'll be interesting to see where we can get with him this time.

This is, most likely, my last week with Elder Bekker. One week from Wednesday is transfers. I actually have no definite idea of what is going to happen, but I would guess that I'm staying here in Trondheim for another 2 months, while Elder Bekker leaves. But we'll find out for sure on Sunday morning. Actually I'll probably find out before that just because I'll have to plan a presentation for the leadership meeting with my new companion before transfers. But in any case, I'll know what's happening by the next time I email. It's kinda sad to part with Elder Bekker again, but it's been good working with him again and I'm excited to find out who my new companion will be.

Every week I'm getting an email that someone else I know is gettin hitched or having a kid. What is happening out there? Someone's gotta hit the pause button or something, I'm not ready to come back to a group of friends who have more kids than video games.

Yeah, there's not really a whole lot happening right now actually. It's a tough time for the mission right now, but we're all just trying to work hard to get through it. It's a fun time to be a zone leader...lots of stuff to talk about haha. We had a really good zone leader conference with President Johansen this past week, trying to figure out how we can improve. We're going to have trainings meetings all over Norway this month with the president and his assistants as well as zone leaders giving presentations. So I'm hoping that will help, we kinda just decided we gotta go back to the basics of missionary work. It's been a nice refresher for me actually to go back and study things that I remember doing in the MTC. It's amazing how many of the simple things sometimes get swallowed up in all the new and improved contacting approaches or crazy teaching methods. Just gotta have a basic knowledge and testimony of the gospel and then be willing to share it with others around you. That's all it takes to be a missionary.

We went and visited the Nidaros cathedral today here in Trondheim. It's the biggest cathedral in Northern Europe. It's cool cause we actually walk past this building every single day but I hadn't been inside it yet. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take pictures so I don't have any to share. But just trust me, it was cool haha. It's in this cathedral that the Kings and Queens of Norway are coronated, so we also saw the crown jewels of Norway. The king's crown had a jewel in it the size of my face. Ridiculous man.

But yeah, thats about it. Hope ya'll have a good one.

Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment