Monday, April 2, 2012

2 April 2012

Ladies and Gentleman

I had a fish named after me this week. It's a tiger barb. I have no idea what that is. But I guess I'm honored.



General Conference was this weekend. You got to hear a prophet speak AND David Archuleta sing, all at once! Well, that settles it, church is true.

Seriously though, if there was a theme at conference this time around, it was strengthening individuals and families for spiritually and temporally challenging times to come. There was almost a sense of foreboding coming from the pulpit, but it was always followed by a reminder that so long as we do our part to be strengthened in the Gospel, and to strengthen those who are around us, we'll make it through the hard times.

I try to ignore the fact that I have, today, 11 months left on my mission and I wrote at least 4 pages of notes from General Authorities about how to raise a family.

I'm not gonna spend a whole lot of time pointing out insights and things I got from conference. There's over 20 pages of notes to go through at some point over the next few weeks. But, I will recommend that anyone who hasn't watched all the sessions yet, should do that on the church website. If I, a person who hates handwriting notes (ask any of my high school teachers to confirm that one), can write down 20 pages worth of things I felt were worth remembering, anyone can benefit from it. Makes sense if they really are prophets and apostles, right?

In other news, Fernanda was baptized on Saturday! So that was exciting. I've attached pictures of the baptism as well as some random pictures from around Trondheim and some HAND KNITTED socks that one of these wonderful Norwegians gave me. They're really warm and purple too =)

This week should be interesting. Literally everyone has left the country for Easter vacation. Norwegians take their vacations very seriously, and they don't do it lightly either. When they leave....they LEAVE haha. So from this past Friday to about next Monday, the streets are gonna be kinda empty. Last year, we had a mission conference during this week, simply because missionary work is hard when there is no one around haha. Unfortunately we have our huge Norwegian conference in 3 weeks, including a mission conference, so we won't be having a mission conference this week. We'll just have to get creative I guess.

Well, after Elder Bekker and I were interviewed on the radio, the Trondheim branch here was asked to help clean up the courtyard of the Trondheim cathedral as a service project. It attracted the attention of the exact same national news agency which interviewed Elder Bekker and I, and they actually recorded a news segment live from our service project. There is a flash of me raking some leaves and talking to one of the members during the newscast, so I'll send that link on. The media just can't get enough of me =P

Well, the pictures are about done uploading, and I've gotta go get a haircut. So I think that's all for this week. Can't believe it's already been three weeks into this transfer!

Vi snakkes neste uke!
Elder Sessions





No comments:

Post a Comment