Wednesday, July 25, 2012

16 July 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Well, I'm headed out of Trondheim....to Oslo! They've cut down the number of districts in the Oslo zone down from three to two and I'm going to be a district leader in Oslo. So once a week I'll have the fantastic opportunity to conduct a district meeting with a group of 14 missionaries. Keep in mind, there's only about 55 missionaries in all of Norway haha. It'll be fun though, I'm way excited for it. I've heard nothing but good things about Oslo, and I've actually been there on exchanges a couple of times...seems like a really fun city. It'll be the biggest area I've served in, as far as the city and the ward.

My new companion's name is Elder Lillywhite. We're probably related somehow, considering my grandmother's name is Lillywhite. You know those Mormons...pretty much everyone is connected somehow. He went into the MTC as I left, so he's only two months "younger" than me. I've never really served around him yet, so it'll be fun. The number of potential companions I could "get to know" on my mission is increasingly smaller, but luckily he still fits into that category. Elder Bekker is continuing as Assistant and they're a part of my new district so it'll be cool to hang out with him again on P-days.

Fun fact: I am now a "grandfather" =) My greenie, Elder Bird, aka my "son", is training this transfer. Which means, I'm getting a grandson haha. What's really ironic, is he's from England. I don't think he's from the same area of England that I lived in and I don't recognize the name, Elder Leighton, but it's cool nonetheless. 

That's about all the cool things that happened with transfers this time around. Elder Knudson is coming into Trondheim as a zone leader with Elder Peterson, so this will be the third time that Elder Knudson takes over my area. He came in to Bergen when I left to Trondheim, and then when I moved from the Trondheim District Leader area to the zone leader area, he moved to Trondheim as the new district leader. He's been up north this transfer in Alta, but now he is coming back to take my place again. I'm not really sure how that keeps happening, haha.

I've talked with the elders in Oslo whose area Elder Lillywhite and I are taking over and it sounds like they've got a pretty solid area set up. They had 7 investigators in church last week. So that's exciting. I'm guessing in a big city like Oslo, though, you'd pretty much always have someone to teach. It'll definitely be a little different from the areas I've served in before, although Bergen was a pretty nice sized city.

But honestly, I think it's just easier to send it to the mission office. That way, no matter where I'm living, I'll get it.

Vi snakkes!
Eldste Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment