Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Despite living in the largest and, quite possibly, coolest city in Norway, I have yet to take any pictures. Well, at least not on my camera. We did take a trip to a Catholic church here in the city (Fjord)and took some cool pictures there (one of the members in Oslo here cleans the church, so he has a master key to all the secret passageways and stuff =P)...see below.

I'm sending some pictures from our P-day last week in Trondheim though. We went to a science museum. One of them is a picture of Elder Peterson and I playing this little mind game they had there. You attach this band to your head which has a couple of electrodes on it. They read your brain waves and you can either compete to relax the most or think the hardest. Depending on who has the most/least active brain waves, the little ball on the middle of the table moves back and forth. You literally move the ball with your mind. It was pretty legit. I'm pretty sure I lost that one though haha. There's another picture from the museum and then a picture of us at a member's house my last night in Trondheim. Elvis Presley was on the tv in the background and the lady sitting next to us was going nuts dancing along to the music. It was hilarious and one of the sisters managed to snap a picture of it.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was interviewed by another Trondheim newspaper. The article was supposed to be about love, in relation to the 1 year anniversary of the shooting rampage on 22 July 2011. The reporter made it sound like she was going to interview multiple people around the city to get everyone's viewpoint, but the article was just released in the newspaper on Saturday with the headline, "Gode Gud: Eldste Sessions (20) er omreisende i kjærlighet" I haven't seen the article since it was only a Trondheim newspaper and I'm in Oslo, but apparently there's a picture of me staring dreamily up into the sky. I don't remember that picture being taken haha. The reporter was supposed to email me a copy of the article, but she never did. So I've asked Elder Peterson to see if he can get me a copy of it, since he's still in Trondheim. 

Anyways...Oslo. Fantastic city. For a big urban area, it really is beautiful. Like I said, I haven't had the chance to take any pictures yet since we've been so busy. Elder Lillywhite and I are both new in Oslo this transfer, so we've got a lot of investigators to meet and a ginormous city to get lost in. And we have definitely done a lot of that. It's cool though because we can literally walk anywhere in the city and have people to talk to. So since neither of us are familiar with the city at all, we tend to get lost somewhat on purpose, and then walk around until we see something familiar. Along the way, there's lots of people to talk to about God, haha.

I'll be honest, I'm not too sure who we are teaching right now haha. The previous missionaries left the area in somewhat of a mess, so I'm still trying to get everything sorted out. We did have two people in church yesterday, so they're gonna be our first victims this week ;) Either way, it's gonna be busy the next few days meeting with all of these people. There were 10 investigators on the progress record when I got here, which is the most I have ever seen. Problem is, I don't know how updated that was, because I know for a fact at least two of those people on the list are no longer being taught. So it's a little bit of a headache, but we'll get it figured out soon haha.

Vi snakkes! =)
Eldste Sessions







No comments:

Post a Comment