Monday, December 10, 2012

19 November 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Found out yesterday morning that I'll be moving to Kristiansand on Wednesday. My new companion's name is Elder Donahue. He's 26 years old. I've met him once before and he seems to be a pretty cool dude, so I'm excited for that. I'll be a district leader again, but there only going to be one other area in the district. So there will be 4 missionaries total, instead of 18 total haha. So a little bit of a difference. It'll be nice to get out of the big cities though. I've heard lots of really good things about Kristiansand. It's way down south, so that'll be a good place to go for the winter. There is a ward of about 75-80 members there. And the dialect sounds fantastic. All in all, it'll be a pretty good place to finish out a mission. I've got 3 months or so left, so it's not very likely that I'll move again. 

We met with S.K. Kim again last week. He's Catholic and he was pretty stoked about the fact that we have Apostles who live today. There's a little bit of a language barrier so it took him a couple of minutes to realize we were talking about living people, not just the ones in the New Testament. He was pretty excited about that haha. So he said he was going to go home and tell his wife about it, who has already started to read the Book of Mormon. Elder Lillywhite is also leaving Oslo, so I'm hoping that we can meet with them one more time before Wednesday. He's an executive for Samsung in Norway, so he stays pretty busy during the week on business trips out of the country and stuff, so that makes it hard to meet with him. Cool dude though.

We had a really cool dinner with a member named Yelda and her mom this week. I actually taught Yelda when I was in Bergen and we had a baptismal date with her. She moved to Oslo and was baptized here a couple of weeks after her mom was also baptized. They've have some health issues and things so it's been tough for them to have very much contact with the church. They are from Iran and when I was in Bergen, Yelda promised me that if I ever came to Oslo, she would invite me over for some Iranian food. That was one of those promises that you make without thinking it would ever actually happen, you know? haha. But it was cool, I was able to collect on that and we had a good time. I ate a dried lime. It was pretty gross, but the rest of the food that you are actually supposed to eat was fantastic. Yelda is dating this returned missionary named Morten and he's legit. He's been worried about the family not being visited and stuff, so that was good. I was pretty excited about starting to visit them more often, so that's one thing I'm sad about in leaving Oslo. Elder Bekker and I are probably going to eat dinner at their house when we come back to Oslo in March to fly home. 

Exciting week ahead as I head to a new area. I'll take some pictures =) Have a good one!

Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment