Monday, December 10, 2012

3 December 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Well congrats first to Alexa and her dude for having a baby. We almost have the same birthday now, which woulda been cool but hey, she's gotta come when she's ready to come I guess. I'm sure it was a relief for Alexa at the very least haha. And ya'll can tell her I said that =P

I got an email back from Adam this week. He's doing well and he wants us to come back "sometime in December." So hopefully we'll be able to get back there sometime in the week or so before Christmas. He's kinda busy with family stuff right now, but it was really encouraging that he at least replied to our email. 

We had a bunch of other investigators kind of coming out of the woodworks this week. No one really making a TON of progress just yet...by that I mean, no one has come to church yet. I don't consider someone a serious investigator until they come to church =P But, we really have a lot of potential and some follow up appointments that I'm pretty excited about this week. So, tune in next time =)

We're starting to see the effects of the new missionary age here in our mission. My whole mission, we've had between eight and ten sister missionaries here. Right now we have eight, I think. When Elder Bekker and I go home in March, we'll be replaced by fourteen missionaries. So that's a gain of twelve, right there. Of those fourteen missionaries, six are sisters! In may, there are, so far, five missionaries who have gotten their calls. Four of them are sisters. So that's ten sister missionaries coming, and none of the ones who are here will be going home again until July. President Teixiera, our Area President, told us that by the end of next year, we'll have 120 missionaries in Norway, up from 56 right now. Kinda sad I'm gonna miss it =)

Christmas is a fantastic time in Norway. We've gotten a ton of snow this weekend. The decorations and tree are up in the city. I freakin love Christmas in Norway. Especially as a missionary haha. So we're looking forward to that, or at least, I am.

Merry Christmas season everyone!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment