Monday, January 7, 2013

24 December 2012

God Jul Alle Sammen!

We got a skikkelig winter storm in here this weekend! Seriously, most snow I've ever seen in my life. I'll send a couple pictures along for visual proof, but we had a bush in our backyard that was completely covered with snow. Ridiculous.

This morning, we had planned to take a nice relaxing P-day at the institute center in the city, write some emails, play some ping-pong and get ready for our dinner appointment tonight. Unfortunately, our car got stuck in the snow. After two hours of trying to dig it out, putting sticks under the wheels for traction and all kinds of stuff, we tried calling for help from some members in the area, but no one could get out to us. I finally sat down in the snow in frustration. 

Here we were in the middle of no-mans land on Christmas Eve, with our wheels spinning in a 6 inch deep hole and nothing we did to dig or push was getting the car to budge. At some point I think one of the two of us said some sort of prayer. Out of nowhere a foreign guy comes running up to our car and says, "Folk kommer. Bare vent."

I didn't quite believe him at first but suddenly there were 5 people around our car, pushing and digging and screaming Arabic at each other. It was quite the sight. I don't know if they appreciated the "God Jul" we shouted in thanks as we left, but I learned a pretty good lesson I think...around Christmas, God will give everyone a chance to serve...even those who don't celebrate it. 

Merry Christmas everyone!
Elder Sessions



No comments:

Post a Comment