Monday, January 7, 2013

31 December 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Don't worry, I'm not going apostate. I was joking when I said that I didn't care cause I only have two months left. Now is no different than 10 months ago for me.

Christmas was great. Spent some time with a couple different families in the area and ate a lot of great food. I've realized that our family Christmas traditions are very Norwegian in a lot of ways. I don't know if that's intentional or if it's just kind of stuck in the family over time...but I didn't realize it until I came to Norway.

Mission Conference was good. Everyone kept asking how it felt to be the oldest missionaries in the mission...dunno why, it didn't feel very different than being the youngest haha. It was the last conference for me and Elder Bekker, so we gave our "burniemonies" at the very end...basically our final conference testimony. It was tougher than I thought it would be, and I'm glad it's over with now.

We're still having a tough time meeting with some of our investigators regularly. They live so far out and they've all been busy with family stuff over Christmas, so that's been a little frustrating. But I hope that we can meet with some of them this week. Dag was in England this weekend, but he said he wanted to come to church when he gets back, so hopefully that will happen this upcoming Sunday. 

Happy New Year everyone!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment