Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 21, 2011

Kjære familie og venner,

Elder Bird and I have had a tough week, to say the least haha. I'm feeling 100% better, but he's still got pneumonia. He has the antibiotics for it, but the doctor said they would take about a week to kick in, and that's proving true. It's been interesting having to tie a lasso around my new missionary and keep him in bed, rather than the other way around. I told him I'd much rather he took too many days off than too few, but that's proving easier for me to say than him to do. I can honestly say that I sympathize, though haha.

We do have a couple of people that we're teaching however! I managed to keep pretty good contact with them while I was sick, and I got out this weekend to meet with them while I was on splits. One of them is a girl named Marie. She is the sister of a recent convert of about 8 months. It was kind of random, I just met her on the street a few weeks ago and she said that her brother was a member. I didn't even know he had a sister! So that was cool. Elder Bird and I taught her on his first day in Norway, and we've got another appointment with her on Wednesday afternoon, so hopefully he'll be feeling well enough to go out by then.

Another girl we're teaching is named Helene. I set an appointment for Saturday with her about 2 weeks ago. So I finally met her and totally screwed up the teach haha. I felt like we should change the lesson we were going to teach her, and it ended up being that the Preach my Gospel lesson was exactly what she needed to hear. Those prophets and apostles really knew what they were doing when they put that thing together haha. I had to fight for a return appointment, but we did get it for next weekend. This time, we'll be sticking to Preach my Gospel =P

That's pretty much all we've got going on right now. It's really just going to come down to finding more people to teach at this point. Kent, who was baptized two weeks ago, is another person we'll be meeting with this week. We had an appointment with him, but then I got sick so we missed it. Being sick really throws things off, but we're getting back on track....I think haha.

Fun fact, I actually saw Elder Bird before both of us were on our missions. I went to a concert in Las Vegas last year while I was at BYU-Idaho. Turns out that Elder Bird was actually at the exact same concert, and at some point he got it in his head to climb the light pole in the center of the concert. Everyone there at the concert saw him up there including myself, and it was definitely one of those memorable moments. So as I was telling Elder Bird about this concert (since he is from Las Vegas), he says "Yeah, do you remember a guy climbing up a light pole at that concert? Yeah, that was me." So that was pretty cool haha. I told him he's not allowed to climb the light poles in Norway though.

That's all I've got this week. Maybe I'll write something interesting next time ;)
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment