Sunday, December 4, 2011

September 12, 2011

I once again find myself short on time, but I'll attempt to get at least a little bit in here.

Bergen is awesome. There's about 150-160 members who come to church each week, so it is quite a change from Tønsberg. I expected that though. There's an awesome YSA program here, and they are all pretty awesome. We use them on teaches with investigators quite a lot. A lot of the YSA's are the only members in their families so it's really amazing to see them operate in church only on their own testimonies. I like em alot, and they have a lot of activities during the week that the missionaries usually go to. Plus, it's just fun to hang out for a little while with some people our own age who are not missionaries haha.

On Saturday, all 8 missionaries in my district got together and drew the plan of salvation in chalk in the middle of Bergen centrum. It was alot of fun, my companion and I taught 11 people the Plan of Salvation in a matter of a couple of hours. People would come up and look at the drawing and then we would offer to take them through it and explain it. One of the missionaries snapped a really good picture of my companion and I teaching someone back to back, which is the picture I'm sending this week.

Bergen rains alot. Reminds me of England. My umbrella has become a part of my body. But the winters aren't too bad so that's a plus. I'm sure you've already sent the package, but I hope you included a hoodie. I didn't get a chance to reply to that email you sent, but that would be very helpful for P-days.
I've got to send my letter to the President, and the sister missionaries are breathing down my neck for the use of the computer. It used to be just me and my companion we had to worry about, but now we have to share the computers with 6 other missionaries, so it complicates things a bit.


These are pictures from my first P-Day in Bergen today. It was a lot of fun, we climbed a mountain and found an abandoned camping site where we waited out a rainstorm with a campfire and some hot dogs.

Love,
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment