Sunday, December 4, 2011

October 25, 2011

Kjære familie og venner,

Sorry, the email is a day late. We had a proverbial circus here yesterday, and I read all the emails, but I haven't had time to reply to any until now. 

Couple of cool stuff this week. Mainly having to do with fish. First of all, I tasted whale! Norway, Japan, and Iceland are the only countries in the world where it is legal to serve whale. I guess I got lucky, cause whale actually tastes amazing. I'd have to describe it as a rubbery beef jerky. Sounds strange, but it's way good. Unfortunately, it's also pretty expensive so I won't get it too often.

Secondly, the reason why we were so busy yesterday was because me and two other elders from our district went out fishing by a member's home. Norway is, of course, known for its fish, so I was pretty stoked. We managed to catch one fish each, but only Elder Argyle's was worth keeping. Mine was pretty small haha, and Elder Perry's we used for bait to catch Elder Argyle's fish. His turned out to be pretty big by my standards, but the Norwegians we showed it to just laughed at us and patted us nicely on the heads. Apparently, if the fish isn't bigger than you, it isn't worth keeping. Whatevs, it'll still taste great when we eat it haha.

And finally, the big one, we were busy last night meeting with Kent and Jan, the two brothers who will be getting baptized on Saturday. We just found out that one of the other companionships here in Bergen is also going to be baptizing a man named George. So we'll be having a triple baptism in Bergen on Saturday. By South American standards, that's a weekly thing, but for Europe that's huge! So it's pretty exciting. I'll definitely have some pictures to send home next week.

Speaking of which, I've got some pictures I've been meaning to send home.

I'll describe them by the file number:
337/338: The view from our apartment =)


344: Elder Argyle and I got new ties!
Little Note From Sami: He looks so grown up in his mission wear doesn't he?  :)

346: "Old Bergen"

358: Elder Argyle and his fish


We've got a busy week ahead of us, so I'll get to it.

Vi snakkes!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment