Monday, March 12, 2012

12 March 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Well nothing too exciting happened this week. I did go to zone leader conference on Wednesday in the mission office. That was pretty fun. We pretty much spent all day sitting at this round table type thing having a discussion about the needs of the mission with President Johansen. So that was an interesting start to my zone leader stuff.

We talked about the Norway-wide conference that we'll be having in April. We're hoping that we can get permission from the Area Presidency for the missionaries to attend that, which would mean another mission conference, most likely with the Elder Kopishke, the Area President presiding. But we haven't gotten approval for that just yet, so we'll see. We also talked about the zone conference we're gonna have next week. All in all, Elder Bekker and I have to plan a presentation for the leadership training meeting on Friday, a presentation for zone conference next week, and be ready to present at a possible mission conference next month. We also gotta be on top of the people in our zone and take care of our own area. Man, I'm not even technically a zone leader yet and I'm busy haha. It'll be fun though.

My area is being whitewashed by the same Elder who whitewashed my last area in Bergen. Elder Knudson took over for me there and now he is coming here as the new district leader. I feel like he's following me around Norway cleaning up my messes haha. Never actually worked with the guy though other than the tour I gave him of Bergen. So it'll be nice to actually get to know the poor man. Fun fact: our grandmothers know each other.

Well President Johansen was here today and he took the district out for lunch. Elder Bekker and I asked him about the conference in April and all he would say is that he can't announce anything until after General Conference at the end of the month. I'm not too sure what that means, but I'll be keeping an extra eye/ear out for mentions of Norway in there. Dunno if they'll actually announce anything, but it would be cool.

Other than that, just been a normal last week of the transfer. Nhat and Trinh didn't come to church this week. Not sure why, but they're the only ones we're working with right now. We taught quite a few people on the streets last week, just didn't get too many new appointments.

Hope you guys have a good week!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment