Monday, March 5, 2012

5 March 2012

Kjære familie og venner

Well we had a pretty busy week this week. Trondheim branch had a party on Friday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the branch being here. So it was a pretty big shindig and President Johansen came for it and everything. That was fun, the missionaries played waiter for the night, serving the food for the members and things. Then, we got to eat the leftovers haha. Pretty good time to spend with the members.

Well, Trondheim is going to have two baptisms this next week. Neither of them will be Inara. She told her father that she intended to be baptized after he left, and he flipped. He has people watching her to make sure we don't come in contact with her through telephone or anything. So it's pretty frustrating that the man is so hard hearted, but there really isn't much we can do. I just wish he would let his 30 year old daughter make her own decisions. In any case, she won't be baptized this week, and we've stopped meeting with her for now.

Other than that, the only people we're still teaching is Nhat and Trinh, the vietnamese couple. They weren't able to come to the party or church this Sunday, because their son got sick, but we'll be meeting with them sometime this week again.

So wasn't such a good week for missionary work. On the bright side, the zone leader area here in Trondheim got 3 baptismal dates for March. So that's what I'll be transferring into on March 14th, but it's a little disappointing to be leaving an area so empty. Hopefully we can find someone this week for the new missionaries who will be moving here in a week and a half.

I've got my first zone leader council with President Johansen on Wednesday. So we'll be spending the day in Oslo there. Pretty excited for that one, don't really know what to expect though. It still feels weird to become a zone leader and actually be one of the older missionaries here.

I had a bit of an epiphany last night as I was writing in my journal. It's been a tough transfer as far as my companionship. Don't need to go into details, but I realized as hard as it can be to get along sometimes, we have a unique opportunity to be stuck for 9 weeks with all kinds of different people. For better or for worse. We can either take the chance to learn how to work with different kinds of people, or spend 9 weeks trying not to kill each other. Let's just say I've decided to try and make some changes over the last week and a half of this transfer haha.

Gotta send a special thanks to the Ryder family for their generosity. I also finally got their christmas package. Not a fan of this Norwegian postal service. But hey, the beef jerky tasted fantastic, I had to fight off my companion in order to have any for myself. Also thanks to the Spence family for the Mac and Cheese special delivery. Can't say there's too much of it left anymore, but hey, it tasted great =)

That's pretty much the week I've had. Things are looking good for this next transfer, I'm pretty excited.

Love you all
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment