Monday, March 5, 2012

16 January 2012

Kjære familie og venner!

I hate moving. Like for realz. You gotta pack, then carry all your stuff around the airport, then all around Oslo, then back to the airport, then through Trondheim, and then when you get home, you gotta unpack everything! At least, you do if you're me, haha. I must admit, I have yet to finish the whole "unpacking" part, but I'm sure I'll get it done soon.

This week was nuts. Monday and Tuesday was spent packing and getting ready to leave Bergen. Elder Bird and I got out for a little bit of contacting and things on Tuesday, but pretty much we were stuck cleaning our apartment and stuff like that. Elder Bird shipped out of Bergen on Wednesday morning, and I played tour guide for the new missionaries all day Wednesday. Helped them check into the city and stuff. It was weird, for the first time, I was the oldest missionary in the city.

Wednesday night, I finally flew out of Bergen....and to Oslo. I thought I was moving to Trondheim? Yes, that's true. But we had a training meeting for mission leaders on Thursday in Oslo. So I spent the night in Oslo at Elder Perry's new apartment, that was fun. He moved from Bergen to Oslo as a district leader, so we weren't separated for too long =P But, alas, Thursday night came and I got on a flight from Oslo to Trondheim. Two days after transfers started, I was finally in my new area.

First impression: Trondheim is cold. Colder than Bergen at least. The market place is one giant ice skating rink. Not because they made it into an ice skating rink, but because Mother Nature did.

Second impression: I could actually end up liking this place. I had my doubts after spending 4 months in Paradise, (no joke, that's what the suburb of Bergen which I lived in, was called) but the members here are all amazing so far. We're a little low on the investigators right now, actually we've got none haha, so I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the members like we did in Bergen. It seems like the Trondheim branch is really supportive of the missionary work, which is good to see.

Third impression: Being a district leader is harder than it looks. I spend most of my nights on the phone with other members of the district. I never realized how much time Elder Perry actually spent on the phone over there in Bergen. But it's cool, cause I get to know the other missionaries and their investigators really well. So this will be a fun transfer.

Elder Strange is a cool dude. He's from Utah. Surprise =P We'll have a good time, but we've got our work cut out for us if we're gonna see some success this transfer. But I'm excited.

My family goes to all the cool places when I'm not around. I've wanted to go to DisneyWorld my whole life, but I never had the chance. (Disneyland Paris does NOT count. Mickey doesn't know how to speak French, everyone knows that!) Lo and behold, they went to DisneyWorld this week, without me. That's ok, I'm in Norway =)

Have a good week!
Elder Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment