Monday, March 5, 2012

23 January 2012

Kjære familie og venner,

We saw the Northern lights last night! I managed to get a couple of pictures of it. I don't really have a bucket list, but if I had one, seeing the Northern lights would be on it and I would have just scratched it out! There's also a few pictures of the city of Trondheim in the daytime from the roof of our apartment building, including Nidaros cathedral which is the biggest cathedral in Norway.

Well I thought Bergen was cold. Trondheim is even more north of Bergen. North enough to see the Northern lights, I guess. The branch is about half the size of Bergen. There's some pretty cool members here though, it'll be fun to work with them the next few weeks.

Elder Strange is from Provo. He's one transfer behind me, so he'll be out 10 months at the end of this transfer in March. He's been in Trondheim for 2 months now.

I went on a trip to Ålesund this weekend to do a baptismal interview. Ålesund is a 1 hour flight away, and they're in our district. It was pretty cool, Ålesund is a tiny city, reminds me a lot of Tønsberg. We contacted pretty much all day and found a girl who seemed pretty positive. They're gonna meet with her again this week. I also did my first ever baptismal interview and it went pretty well. She passed, and I think I passed too haha.

Other than that, Elder Strange and I have just been visiting members and finding. We talked to one guy this week that we're gonna continue teaching, named Hungdai. When we taught him yesterday, he accepted a soft baptismal commitment, which means he said he would be baptized if he received an answer that the church is true. I don't put a whole lot of weight on that, since it's pretty logical to say yes to that question, but it's a positive step nonetheless. We'll meet with him again this week and see how that goes.

Other than that, it's been a pretty boring week actually. Well not boring, cause nothing is boring here, but there just wasn't anything overly spectacular that happened. I guess sometimes you have weeks like that, no matter what you're doing.




1 comment:

  1. These are photos of the "Northern Lights, on top of my apartment and the Nidaros Cathedral

    ReplyDelete